Colne BID businesses can now apply for Colne BID’s exclusive member benefit ‘A Fresh Lick of Paint’.
COLNE BID has launched a new initiative called A Fresh Lick of Paint. The idea is that each year for the next four years, Colne BID will make up to £10,000 available under its core “Pride” remit to redecorate the exteriors of businesses within the BID Area, which are in need of a spruce up and will help Colne look more appealing to shoppers, visitors and customers .(Subject to funds being available). In the current year, the budget is initially £5000.
Jane Turner -a Colne BID Director , who owns Tubbs of Colne, whose brainchild this was, explained: “We have the power to see 80 plus businesses transformed externally during our first BID term. We are offering up to £500, or half the cost of the external redecoration, whichever is lower, as a grant . We are also opening up the A Fresh Lick of Paint Scheme to include signage and canopy refreshing.”
Other key conditions are:
- Payment will be in arrears upon completion
- The scheme is first come, first served
- Quotations to be submitted in advance
- Paint colours & signage in the Conservation Area will be closely scrutinised & should adhere to Conservation area guidelines
- Professional contractors only to do the work and the Colne BID Board will supply a list of preferred Colne-based suppliers
- Businesses must agree to publicity and to display the A Fresh Lick of Paint sticker
- Businesses must have paid their BID Levy to be eligible.
- The BID Board will prioritise based upon businesses that will have the most impact and offer ‘value for money’ if the scheme is over-subscribed.
Colne BID is looking to work with local Colne or Pendle-based businesses to develop a preferred supplier list for external painting, signage, canopies, paint supplies, joinery or handyman services. Please get in touch with Aneesa McGladdery, Colne BID Officer if you are interested.
Colne BID will be communicating individually with eligible BID businesses with details of its grant scheme, potential applicants should contact Aneesa McGladdery, Colne BID Officer via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org re A Fresh Lick of Paint or download and complete the ‘Fresh Lick of Paint’ application form here.